People tend to forget just how great dips are in terms of healthy eating. I’m not talking about the sour cream ones (!!!!) but the ones that are based on beans, peas and vegetables. You can have them as a snack at 4 with some veggie sticks, spread them in your wraps for lunch or add a dollop to the top of a salad for an evening meal. I love this recipe below as its just so simple.
Most baba ganoush recipes tell you to char grill the aubergine first, but this isn’t really the best if you have a history of cancer as the blackening of grains, meat or vegetables can be quite toxic. This recipe simply gets you to oven bake a whole recipe – great idea for healthy living.
- 500g aubergine
- 2 cloves of garlic
- A small handful of chopped parsley
- ½ lemon – juiced
- 1 tablespoon of tahini
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 200 ocPiece the aubergine with a fork a few times and place in oven for about 40 mins.
- When the aubergine is cooled, blend all ingredients (except salt and pepper) in a food processor till almost fully blended. Season to taste
- Place in bowl with crudités and serve as dip.
- Wheat free, gluten free, dairy free and sugar free