Cashews are such a great addition to your diet in terms of healthy eating, being packed full of fibre and essential fats. Remember you only need a handful!
Below is a tasty stir fry which is perfect for the evenings that you don’t have much time for cooking. You can add meat or fish for extra protein or simply have as a vegetarian option. Serves 4
- 3 oz of cashews
- 1 small head of broccoli (cut into florets)
- 1 yellow pepper (cut lengthways)
- 1 red pepper (cut lengthways)
- 2 cloves of garlic (crushed)
- 1 large fresh chilli (deseeded and chopped finely)
- 4 tsp soy sauce (Tamari is what I use as its wheat free)
- A teaspoon peanut oil
- Chop the garlic finely and crush, leaving it aside for 5 minutes.
- Chop all of the vegetables before you start, so that they are all ready for the stir fry.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan or wok.
- Add in the garlic and chilli, tossing it for a minute. Do not let it go brown.
- Add in broccoli for another minute and then the peppers for another minute. Add the soy sauce, stir well.
- At the last minute add the cashews and stir through.
- Serve straight away in a large bowl.
- This dish would be perfect with cooked buckwheat or rice noodles.
- Wheat free, gluten free,(if Tamari is used)dairy free and sugar free