Check out my gorgeous butternut squash recipe in this week’s Cork Independent. I’m having it as part of my healthy eating plan, for lunch today as I think its just lovely. I’ve just baked up some rosemary and cheese scones to with it – perfect late afternoon lunch.
By the way, sorry for the lack of photos lately. My laptop is no longer reading my camera and so I have to figure out how to change this.
- 1 butternut squash
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 inch root ginger, grated
- 3 stalks lemongrass
- Half a red chilli, deseeded and chopped 1 tin of butter beans
- 1 litre of boiling water
- Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper
- Peel the butternut squash with a potato peeler (it's easier than you think!!) and scoop out the seeds. Chop roughly.
- Saute the chopped onions in a little water for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, remove the harder outsides of the lemongrass and finely chop.
- Add the butternut squash, ginger, pepper, lemongrass and chilli to the pan and give a good stir.
- Add the boiling water and cook for 20-30 mins until the butternut squash is soft. Add the butter beans.
- Blitz with a hand held blender or a liquidizer and add a little more salt and pepper if needed.
- Wheat free, gluten free, sugar free and dairy free