Even if it starts getting a little cooler, you can still have salad but just make them a little warmer!! This is perfect for the bright evening and I’d place a fillet of salmon under the grill for 5 minutes each side and place it on top of this for a full healthy evening meal – delicious and great for a healthy eating plan.
- 500g sweet potato, peeled, cut into 4cm pieces
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 large (185g) red pepper, thickly sliced
- 1 large (180g) red onion, cut into thick wedges
- 1/2 cup toasted pine nuts
- 100g baby spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 teaspoons wholegrain mustard
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano leaves or 2 teaspoons of dried oregano leaves
- Preheat oven to 200°C fan-forced. Place sweet potato, garlic and oil in a bowl. Toss well to combine. Place mixture, in a single layer, onto a large oven tray. Season with salt and pepper. Roast for 20 minutes.
- Turn sweet potato. Add capsicum, red onion and pine nuts to tray. Roast for 20 minutes or until vegetables are browned and tender. Set aside for 10 minutes to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile make dressing. Place lemon juice, oil, mustard and oregano in a screw-top jar. Secure lid. Shake well to combine.
- Place rocket, pine nuts and vegetables in a large bowl. Pour over dressing. Toss gently to combine. Serve.
- Wheat free, gluten free, dairy free and sugar free