Healthy Eating Fish Recipes: Grilled salmon with Mexican salsa
Adding beans to a salsa is a great way of boosting the fibre, carbohydrate and protein content the salad – a perfect healthy eating dish. This uses similar ingredients to the dish before but the result is quite different.
- 2 medium salmon fillets
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 avocado
- Half a medium/large red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- Juice of 1 limes
- 4 ripe tomatoes
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 4 tbsp chopped coriander
- 1 can of red kidney beans (400g)
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat grill to hot
- Mix a little oil and ground coriander and season with salt and pepper. Brush onto salmon fillets
- Mix the chilli, garlic, finely chopped avocados, lime juice, finely chopped tomatoes, red onion, fresh coriander and red kidney beans in a bowl and mix. Set aside while you are cooking the salmon.
- Place on salmon under hot grill for 5 minutes each side. They are done when you press the flesh and it comes away easily.
- Place salsa on plate and top with grilled salmon. Serve a lovely fresh green salad on the side.