Why not make your own homemade tomato sauce.
Homemade tomato sauce
- 400g of cherry tomatoes - halved
- 2 medium red onions – finely chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic –finely chopped
- A handful of fresh basil –roughly chopped leaf and stalk
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper
- To serve:
- 1 large or 2 small tins of tuna chunks in spring water
- 2 cups wholemeal pasta – boiled and drained
- Saute the onions in a saucepan for 5 mins in a little water till translucent. Add tomatoes, pepper and garlic, cover and cook for 5 mins. Stir well, adding the basil leaves and balsamic vinegar. Remove from heat and stir through the olive oil and a little salt.
- To To serve, place pasta in a bowl, pour over sauce and sprinkle tuna chunks on top.