Check out my article today in the Cork Independent and find out why taking the cereal straight out of the packet might not be the best idea.
As a summer alternative to healthy eating, find my home made muesli recipe below.
- 200g rolled oats
- 3 tablespoons of wheat germ
- ¼ cup of raw sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup of almonds
- ¼ cup of raw cashews
- 1/4 cup of raisins
- ¼ linseeds
- ½ cup of desiccated coconut
- Place the sunflower seeds, cashews, almonds and linseeds in a dry pan on the cooker or place under the grill for 5 minutes to toast. Add the coconut and wheat germ and toast for one minute more. Allow to cool. Mix well with the oats and the raisins. Keep in a sealed container.
- Serve with a little natural yogurt and fresh fruit