In the below recipe, you can use anything for a topping. I generally try to reduce down the cheese topping and generally use pesto with chopped peppers, sautéed onions with olives or thinly sliced tomatoes with fresh basil. Every time I do this recipe the consistency is different so if you feel this is too wet, simply add more flour till it come to a point that you can kneed easily in your hands without everything sticking.
- 1 cup of wholegrain flour (I use spelt)
- ½ cup of yogurt
- A pinch of salt
- Sieve the flour into a bowl and add the yogurt. Stir well with your hands and kneed into a ball (see note above). Let sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Separate the mixture into as many pizzas as you want (it makes large pizza or 4 smaller pizzas) and roll into a ball.
- Dust the counter and place the tiny balls in the middle, using a flouted rolling pin to flatten to desired thickness (I usually keep to about the size of a pitta bread)
- Place the flattened pizzas on to a dry frying pan and cook for a few minutes each side, till they start to brown.
- They are now ready for their toppings.
- Now place under the grill for 5 mins.
- Sugar free