This so tasty and totally addictive.
Try this simple recipe below with anything you want. You could use 4 whole chicken breasts or 600g of leaner leg of lamb or 2 tins of your favourite beans. you could serve with brown rice and green vegetables.
- 2 cloves of garlic - crushed
- 1 thumb sized piece of ginger root – grated
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 3 teaspoons garam masala
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 dessert spoons of plain natural yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon of red chilli powder or one medium sized red chilli
- 2 medium onions - finely chopped
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- Heat a little water in a large pan
- Throw in the finely chopped onions, stir fry until pieces start to go translucent. Add the garlic and ginger and keep stirring.
- Add all the ground spices. Fry for a few minutes and then add the chunks of fresh leg of lamb or whole chicken breasts.
- Stir for 5 mins. Add the tomato.
- Stir and the add yogurt. Bring to boil and reduce to a simmer for 1 hour and a half – stirring occasionally.