I found this today on www.thefooddoctor.com and thought it sounded yummy! Sweet potatoes are a great alternative to normal potatoes and contain plenty of Vitamin A and Vitamin C, which are powerful anti-oxidants which help to keep you healthy all year round.
- 4 Sweet potatoes (150-200g/5-7oz each)
- 300g (11oz) feta cheese
- 2 plump spring onions
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 rounded teaspoons caraway seeds (or fennel or cumin could be used instead)
- A good handful of fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180?C/350?F/gas mark 4.
- Spear each potato with a metal kebab skewer to speed up the cooking time: the skewer will conduct the heat to the centre of the potato.
- Cook the potatoes in the oven for about 40 minutes (depending on their size).
- While the potatoes are cooking, chop or crumble the feta cheese into a small bowl. Finely chop the spring onions and toss them in with the feta cheese. Add the olive oil, orange juice and black pepper. Roast the seeds in a small pan over a medium high heat to give a more intense, toasted flavour and stir them in with the feta. Leave to marinate while the potatoes are cooking.
- When the sweet potatoes are cooked, remove from the skewer, cut them open and drizzle in a little olive oil. Scatter the feta mix on top, sprinkle with the chopped parsley and serve.
- Serving suggestions:
- Sprinkle with a few peanuts or pinenuts for extra fibre.
- For lunch or dinner. This dish should make a filling lunch or dinner, so serve it with a simple crisp green salad.
- Wheat free, gluten free, sugar free