I’ve got a great bean burger recipe which is one of my favourites at the moment – its also a great hit with kids!! Its meaty and tasty but also packed with nutritious goodness.
Serving options include placing it in a bun with some added veggies or having without a bun with a salad.
- 1 tin of black or adzuki beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 egg
- 1 small diced red onion
- 1/2 diced red bell pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 fresh medium red chilli – chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dry oregano
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- Combine beans, onion, bell pepper, garlic, lime juice, spices and breadcrumbs in a food processor and pulse until combined but still with texture.
- Transfer to a large bowl and portion into 8 burgers.
- Place some baking paper on an oven tray and place the burgers on the tray.
- Place in oven 180 oc oven for 20 mins.
- Dairy free, sugar free