This is a great winter soup packed with carrots and beetroots – great for lunch.
Carrot and Beetroot soup
- 3 carrots – washed, peeled and cubed
- 2 medium beetroots - washed, peeled and cubed
- 2 cloves of garlic - crushed
- 2 onions – chopped finely
- 1 inch root ginger - grated
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 tin Black turtle beans (or bean of your choice)
- 1 heaped teaspoon wholegrain mustard
- 1 litre of vegetable stock or boiling water
- Salt and pepper
- Sauté onions in a little water for 5 minutes.
- Add all of the ingredients (except water and beans) and stir well.
- Add water/stock, bring to boil, and then down to a simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add turtle beans and stir well and serve straight away.
- Wheat free, gluten free, sugar free, dairy free