I’m not sure if I should even call this a recipe as it contains so few ingredients!!
I rarely use oil in cooking but sometimes you want that crispy taste and with crispy kale – it goes perfectly. I find a great way of getting extra vegetables into my diet (making sure I’m getting as many anti-oxidants, fibre and nutrients as I can on a daily basis) is to have some as a starter. This is great in that I cook the kale off, put it in a bowl and then pick at it, like you would crisps, while I make the rest of the dinner. This equals 1 or 2 of my 5 a day straight away!
You all know how much I love kale – it is a highly nutritious vegetable especially famed for its cancer protective properties.
- 1-2 cups of finely chopped Kale
- 1 dessert spoon extra virgin olive oil
- Seas salt and freshly cracked pepper
- Heat the oil on a medium heat and add the kale. Add a little salt and a good sprinkling of pepper.
- Stir fry for a few minutes. I usually pick a kale and see if its crispy enough - it shouldn't taken longer that 5 minutes.
- Wheat free, gluten free, dairy free, sugar free