Fish with Spicy Tomato sauce
This is a highly versatile sauce that can be used with both meat and fish. The added spices are a great way of boosting the antioxidants in the dish.
- 2 fillets of white fish (cod, haddock, hake)
- 6 medium tomatoes
- 2 cloves of garlic (optional) -
- 1 medium onion – finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon chilli powder
- Preheat oven to 180 oc
- Place the onions in a saucepan with a little water and sauté for about 5-10 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, garlic and rest of the spices. Cover and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Place the fish in a pie or oven dish and cover with the sauce.
- Place in oven for 10 minutes or until fish is cooked.
- Serve with brown rice or baked potato.
- Wheat free, gluten free, sugar free, dairy free