Even though the weather hasn’t been great, I still find that most evenings I just want a tasty salad for dinner. They are so quick and easy to make and involve little or no preparation. I came up with this the other day for dinner. Courgettes are an excellent source of Manganese and Vitamin C, great for keeping those summer colds away.
- 2 carrots or 3 baby carrots
- 3 small courgettes
- 1 apple
- 1 tin of black beans
- Dressing - 30mls extra virgin olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper
- Grate the carrots, courgettes and apples into a big bowl.
- Make dressing by mixing ingredients together. Pour over grated vegetables.
- Drain the tin of black beans and wash well.
- Add to rest of the salad and toss well. Serve immediately.
- Wheat free, gluten free, sugar free, dairy free