One of the great things about eating Mediterranean eating is its just so simple and quick. When we were in Spain a few weeks ago, all we ate were salads and fish – yum!
Try the below recipe which is ready in about 15 mins. White fish is a great source of protein, as well as selenium – a powerful antioxidant! Although oily fish like salmon, mackerel, sardines and tuna are the highest in the healthy Omega 3s, hake also contains some.
- 4 medium hake steaks
- Juice of a lime
- 1/4 teaspoon of paprika
- Freshly cracked pepper
- 200g salad leaves
- 3 medium summer courgettes - thinly sliced
- 2 spring onions - thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons of parsely
- 1 tin of lentils - drained and washed well
- 30ml extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- Place hake in a bowl and cover with the lime juice, paprika and peppper. Cover and leave for 5 mins or up to an hour in the fridge.
- Meanwhile make the salad by washing the lettuce well and mixing with other ingredients in a big bowl. Make the dressing and add.
- Place on hake on some baking paper and place under medium grill for 6-8 minutes or until cooked the whole way through. They are done when you press the flesh and it comes away easily.
- Wheat free, gluten free, dairy free, sugar free