Hummus is a great snack option – perfect at 4ish to keep hunger at bay till dinner time! Its also a lovely spread on a cracker or as a dip with vegetables or fruit dippers.
Lime and Cumin Hummus
- 125g dried chickpeas or 1 tin of chickpeas
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 2 tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ teaspoon of ground cumin
- Sea Salt and freshly cracked pepper
- If using dried chickpeas, prepare the night before. Put a saucepan of water on to boil. Once boiling, add chickpeas and cover. Turn off heat and leave over night. The next day, drain water, cover barely with fresh water and bring to boil. Simmer for about 50 mins. Drain off water (saving a little for the hummus) and allow to cool. Or simply drain a tin of chickpeas and wash well.
- Place all of the ingredients, except the salt and pepper, into a food processor and blend to a consistency you are happy with.
- Add a little water if it is quite dry.
- Season lightly with salt and pepper and blitz again. I
- f you feel it needs more lime or cumin, add slowly and blend a little further till you reach a taste you are happy with.