I’ve just discovered this recipe on the Good Food Mood Blog and I love it!!!
I’ve adapted it slightly but otherwise I think its lovely. Once cooked, remove the fat from the lamb to reduce its saturated fat content.
Lamb is in season right now and if you are looking for something a little different try this spicy rub. Today’s recipe is a bit of change up for the traditional lamb chop. While I love the simple and delicious flavours of lamb sometimes it’s nice to mix things up and try something a little different, which is why I love this spicy rub. The spice rub also works well on other meats too so give it a go!
- 4 Irish spring lamb chops
- ½ tablespoon of cumin seeds
- ½ tablespoon of coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon of chilli flakes
- ½ tablespoon of turmeric
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- A generous pinch of sea salt and ground black pepper
- For the asparagus
- 1 large bunch of Asparagus (3-4 spears per person)
- 1tablespoons of olive oil
- Sea salt and ground black pepper
- In a pestle and mortar grind together the cumin, coriander, chilli, turmeric, paprika until you have a really pungent orange coloured powder.
- Place the lamb chops on a plate and sprinkle on the spice mixture, turn to coat.
- Cook the spiced chops under a hot grill for about 2-3 minutes either side until cooked through.
- While the lamb is cooking, snap off the woody end of the asparagus and steam the asparagus for 5 mins. Then toss in olive oil and a pinch of sea salt and some freshly cracked pepper.
- Serve the lamb and asparagus with some salad leaves and enjoy.
- Wheat free, gluten free, sugar free, dairy free