I keep meeting Mary Kay at the Kinsale Farmers Market and sampling all her lovely food. I trained with Mary Kay in Ballymaloe Cookery School and since then she has gone and set up her own bakery and sells at many of the markets around Cork. Personally I think her range is delicious, she uses the best quality ingredients and her American cooking style is perfect for baking.
Her potato salad is out of this world and somehow I managed to get the recipe from her yesterday – it must have been all that sunshine and heat! Check her out at a market near you…
- 1 kg of potatoes (waxy are best, flour is ok)
- 1/4 cup of vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons of white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon of Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons of Parsley
- 2 tablespoons of Dill
- 1/2 cup of spring onions - finely chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon of sea salt (Maldon is good)
- Wash potatoes well but keep their skins on. Put into a large pan of boiling water and cook till almost done.
- Drain and cover with a tea towel, allowing to steam in there for about 10 mins.
- While still hot, cut into bite sized cubes (mind the fingers!)
- Toss in a 1/4 cup of vegetable stock.
- Mix the rest of the dressing ingredients together and pour over potatoes while they are still warm.