Most people tend to use sugar when they stew apple. What I tend to do is simply use eating apples as they are naturally sweet.
- 4 medium eating apples
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon of dried ginger
- A dash of ground nutmeg
- Chop apple into similar shaped cubes and place in a saucepan with a little water.
- Add the spices and cook over a medium heat until soft.
- Use as a base of a crumble or top with a little yogurt and toasted seeds.
- You can also use this recipes with pears and plums.
- Wheat free, gluten free, sugar free, dairy free