What a great break – there is nothing like the simple salads and fresh fish of Spain to keep you healthy on holidays!!!
Check out my article in the Cork Independent for a quick and easy quick with no pastry!!! It appeared last Thursday but I’m only back from my hols now.
Sweet Potato and Goats Cheese Frittata
If you are interested in having a menu designed specifically for you or your family, contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Serves 4
- 1 medium sweet potato – peeled and diced into ½ inch cubes
- 6 eggs
- 1 red onion – finely chopped
- 100g spinach – chopped
- 3 oz goats cheese – crumbled
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley, coriander, mint and thyme (whatever herbs you like)
- A dash of water or milk
- Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper
- Sauté the red onion in a little water for 5 mins or until translucent on a medium heat.
- Steam the sweet potato in a steamer for 5-10 mins until soft.
- Mix the eggs with a hand whisk and add the dash of water or milk. Add the herbs and salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pan with the onions, sprinkle over the spinach, sweet potato and crumbled goats cheese.
- Leave for 5 mins to set and then transfer the pan to under a hot grill to brown for a few minutes.
- Wheat free, gluten free and sugar free