Wholewheat bread at its best!
I just found a bit of yogurt in the fridge that was almost past its best! Rather than throw it out, I thought I’d make some bread with it… I love the idea of yogurt bread as I find many people can digest yogurt a little easily than milk – you’ll often find this with fermented products. I also, in my usual fashion, have added some seeds and oats to this to make it even more fiber filled, keeping hunger away for hours…..
- 1 cup of wholegrain flour (I use spelt)
- ½ cup of yogurt
- A pinch of salt
- Sieve the flour into a bowl and add the yogurt. Stir well with your hands and kneed into a ball (see note above). Let sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Separate the mixture into as many pizzas as you want (it makes large pizza or 4 smaller pizzas) and roll into a ball.
- Dust the counter and place the tiny balls in the middle, using a flouted rolling pin to flatten to desired thickness (I usually keep to about the size of a pitta bread)
- Place the flattened pizzas on to a dry frying pan and cook for a few minutes each side, till they start to brown.
- They are now ready for their toppings.
- Now place under the grill for 5 mins.
- Sugar free