Homemade Healthy pizza
The great thing about pizza is you can make up whatever you want. You can use rocket, mushrooms, sliced fennel etc. Add your favourite herbs; fresh coriander, parsley, chives or thyme works well, or whatever cheeses you want; feta, goats’ cheese, mozzarella, cheddar etc
- 3 wholemeal pitta breads
- 1 onion
- 3 tomatoes - chopped
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 red pepper – cut in half and finely sliced
- A handful of baby spinach
- 1 ball of mozzarella (around 125g) – torn into shreds
- A sprinkle of extra virgin olive oil
- Chopped parsley
- Freshly cracked pepper
- For tomato sauce, simply saute a finely chopped onion in a little water for 5 mins. Add tomatoes, a pinch of salt and pepper, 1 crushed garlic and stir well. Cook for about 10 minutes on a medium to hot heat.
- Half the pitta breads, place them on baking tray and put under medium grill.
- Leave for a few minutes so that they start to toast.
- Sprinkle them with a little extra virgin olive oil.
- Cover them in the home made tomato sauce, sprinkle the peppers, parsley and spinach on top. Then place the shredded mozzarella on top with a little freshly cracked pepper.
- Place under the grill for 5 mins or until the cheese has melted.