Sometimes I forget that making a quick healthy meal is so easy and tasty. People think that it needs hours of preparation.. no it doesn’t! What it does need is planning so that when you open the cupboard or fridge there are plenty of options.
I had this simple side salad for my lunch yesterday. Always add a side salad or extra vegetables to your dish. At lunch you might grab a sandwich or a soup, order a salad on the side to bulk up the meal with as many veggies as possible.
- 1 small fennel bulb
- Handful of cherry tomatoes - about 6
- 1 lime
- A dash of extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and cracked pepper
- Slice the Fennel bulb really thinly (take off any outer rough bits) and place in a mixing bowl. Luckily, I got a fennel bulb with some of its greens attached so I removed the greens and finely sliced them to make about a tablespoon of chopped herbs.
- Slice the tomatoes in half and mix with the sliced fennel.
- Squeeze the lime and add along with the olive oil. Season to taste.
- The perfect side salad.
- Wheat free, gluten free, dairy free and sugar free