There are a few quality smoked salmon’s on the market, and this is happens to be one of them. I don’t eat a large amount of smoked foods but I really enjoy once or twice a month.
I’ve adapted this recipe from Tigerlily.. its delicious!
Smoked salmon, beetroot, potato and cress salad recipe
- 1 packet of 400g old Millbank organic smoked salmon, cut into strips
- 350g whole beetroot
- 1 lemon, rind grated, juice squeezed
- 150ml virgin olive oil
- 200g baby potatoes or other small waxy potatoes, unpeeled
- 6 cherry tomatoes - halved
- 2 tbsp chives OR tarragon OR basil, chopped
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- bunch of mustard cress or watercress, trimmed and chopped (only if you have it!)
- Do not peel the beetroot. Roast it in a preheated 180°C oven for 30 minutes or until tender. Remove it from the oven, peel it and dice it into 1.5cm cubes. Toss with the grated lemon rind and 2 tablespoons of the olive oil.
- Cook the potatoes in boiling salted water for 12 minutes or until cooked through. Remove from the heat, drain them in a colander and run cold water over them to cool. When cool, cut the potatoes into quarters and toss them with half the chopped herbs.
- Make a dressing by combining the lemon juice, Dijon mustard and olive oil, then add the remainder of the chopped herbs. Toss the tomatoes, beetroot, potatoes, cress and dressing together. Place in bowl and place the strips of smoked salmon on top.