I’ve adapted this recipe from The River Cottage Diary I was given for Christmas. There may be a few more adaptations throughout the year! You can have this healthy eating dish as a light supper for 2, use is as a side dish for a nice curry, or make a full meal by placing on a bed of brown or wild rice.
Remember Kale is a great source of Vitamin K (helping blood clotting and protect cells against oxidative stress), A and C – its also a cruciferous vegetables which is perfect for protecting against cancer.
- 1 tin of chickpeas
- 1 onion, sliced
- 200g curly kale
- 2 finely chopped cloves of garlic
- 1 finely sliced chilli
- 2 tbsp soy sauce (I use Tamari)
- freshly cracked pepper
- Rinse the chickpeas well.
- Saute the chopped onion in a wok or large saucepan in a little water for 5-10 mins.
- Add the chickpeas and cook for 2 mins.
- Then add the kale and cook for a further 3 mins.
- Add the garlic, chilli and soy sauce and stir in, allowing to cook for another 2 mins.
- Remove from heat and serve straight away - sprinkle with a little black pepper.
- Wheat free, gluten free, if you chose Tamari, dairy free and sugar free