Try out the tasty healthy eating recipe for Moroccan chicken – if you don’t want to use chicken, you can substitute for some beans or lentils. I find chickpeas work perfectly with the spices here and it great for healthy living…
Remember onions as part of a healthy eating plan as onions contain sulphurous anti-inflammatory and antibacterial compounds that help liver detoxify harmful substances!
Here I’ve removed the chicken from the sauce and served with asparagus.
- 2 chicken breasts, diced
- 2 red onions, finely sliced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 inch fresh root ginger, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 2 carrots, chopped finely
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped finely
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons of freshly chopped coriander
- Salt and cracked pepper to taste
- Place onions into saucepan and cover with a little water and allow to sweat on medium heat for 10 mins with lid on.
- Add the ginger, turmeric, the ground cumin and coriander, paprika, garlic and the carrots and stir well.
- Add the tinned tomatoes and cracked pepper
- Add a little hot water (about 200ml) and bring to boil. Turn down heat and let simmer for about 15 mins or until the carrots are cooked through.
- Stir in chicken and cook for a further 10 mins
- At the last minute, stir through the fresh coriander and check for seasoning.
- Wheat free, gluten free, dairy free, sugar free