With summer in the air, I notice that I want salad more and more. Yet, don’t forget that dressings are one of the best ways to add new tastes, flavours and goodness to your salad selection. You can use all sorts of ingredients – from fresh herbs to spices, citrus such as lemon or orange to vinegars, and use different oils such as avocado, rapeseed and olive.
Or you can use something a little different. I often use dips, such as guacamole or hummus and pesto or tapenade as a way of changing my salad flavours. This tapenade is easy to make and lasts in the fridge for a few weeks.
- Olive Tapenade
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 cup Kalamata olives (cut in half and remove stones)
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Put in food processor and blitz for a few seconds! Keep a bit chunky.
- Wheat free, gluten free, dairy free and sugar free