Salmon and Vegetable One Pot Wonder is a great dish that takes about 20 mins. Perfect if you come home from work or school and you want to eat quick without loads of washing up!
Salmon and Vegetable One Pot Wonder
- 1 onion - finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic - crushed
- 1 fillet of Salmon
- 1 carrot - diced
- 1 courgette - chopped
- 5 florets of tenderstem or ordinary broccoli
- A handful of fresh basil or 1 teaspoon of dried
- Optional: a few strings of saffron
- 200 mls of stock
- Heat a tbsp extra virgin olive oil in a large frying pan.
- Saute the onions and garlic for a few minutes.
- Add the saffron (if using). Cover the pan and keep it covered throughout.
- Add the courgettes and carrots and cook for a few minutes more.
- Add the stock (or boiling water if you don't have any!).
- Bring to the boil and then reduce to a simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the salmon fillet and cook for 5-10 minutes.
- In the last few minutes, add the broccoli and basil and season with a little salt and pepper..
- The dish is done when you test the salmon. Prize open with knife and fork and the flesh should be fully cooked and all the same colour.
- Serve straight away.