Salmon and Vegetable One Pot Wonder is a great dish that takes about 20 mins. Perfect if you come home from work or school and you want to eat quick without loads of washing up!
- 1 onion - finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic - crushed
- 1 fillet of Salmon
- 1 carrot - diced
- 1 courgette - chopped
- 5 florets of tenderstem or ordinary broccoli
- A handful of fresh basil or 1 teaspoon of dried
- Optional: a few strings of saffron
- 200 mls of stock
- Heat a tbsp extra virgin olive oil in a large frying pan.
- Saute the onions and garlic for a few minutes.
- Add the saffron (if using). Cover the pan and keep it covered throughout.
- Add the courgettes and carrots and cook for a few minutes more.
- Add the stock (or boiling water if you don't have any!).
- Bring to the boil and then reduce to a simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the salmon fillet and cook for 5-10 minutes.
- In the last few minutes, add the broccoli and basil and season with a little salt and pepper..
- The dish is done when you test the salmon. Prize open with knife and fork and the flesh should be fully cooked and all the same colour.
- Serve straight away.