Healthy Eating Fish Recipes: Salmon en papillotte (in a parcel)
En papillottes are a great idea for healthy eating fish recipes. You can just put everything into the little paper parcel and stick it all in the oven at the one time. All the flavours fuse together and the fish comes out so moist and tasty.
You can always put a bed of sliced cooked potatoes as a base, but I find cooked rice or buckwheat noodles really nice. This would be lovely with my Asian steam broccoli.
- 2 medium salmon fillets
- 1 mild red chili
- 1/2 inch grated ginger
- 4 spring onions
- Zest of 1 lime and juice of half
- 2 tbsp tamari (or other soy sauce)1 tbsp chopped coriander
- Freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 200oc
- Cut out baking paper, big enough to envelope the fish, and place on baking tray. Place salmon fillets down in the centre.
- Mix the chili, ginger, spring onions and lime zest together with the tamari and a dash of water. If you are going to use noodles, place a handful of cooked noodles on the baking paper and then add fillets on top. Spoon over the mixture on top of the fillets and fold up parcel.
- Pop into oven for around 10 mins and check if cooked by pressing flesh and it should flake easily.
- Place on plate and pour over the lime juice and coriander.
- You can put this on a bed of buckwheat noodles.
- Wheat free and gluten free if Tamari soy sauce is used and dairy free and sugar free.