A lovely alternative to your usual coleslaw
- Half a small red cabbage
- 2 beetroots
- 70g cashews
- 70g raisins
- 4 tablespoons Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tblsp vinegar (whatever you have)
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Salt and freshly cracked pepper
- Wash and peel beetroot and place in a little water and steam for 30 mins. this should soften the beetroot slightly but it should still have still have a slight crunch. Allow to cool. Grate.
- Finely shred cabbage and mix with the cooled beetroot.
- Toast cashews under the grill for a few minutes and roughly chop. Add to mixing bowl along with raisins.
- Mix the ingredients for the dressing and pour over mixture.
- Wheat free, gluten free