Spiced Cauliflower soup
I made this healthy eating soup for a family dinner this weekend and I thought it was yummy – not sure about the colour though – turmeric seems to give everything this off yellow colour – this is where lashings of chopped coriander comes in!! A great part of a healthy plan.
- 120g desiccated coconut (soaked in a little water first)
- 225g onions
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1/2 inch root ginger
- 1 red chili
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- Pinch of mustard seeds
- Pinch of fenugreek seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp powdered turmeric
- 1 tsp paprika
- 225g potatoes – peeled and cubes
- 1 large cauliflower
- 1 400g coconut milk
- 400ml boiling water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the cumin and coriander in a pan for a few minutes and grind.
- Cook onions in a little water till soft and add garlic. Add chili, coriander, mustard, fenugreek, cumin, pepper, turmeric, paprika, ginger and cook for one minute, stirring
- Add potatoes and desiccated coconut with the soaking water.
- Cook until potatoes start to stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Add the boiling water and cook till potatoes are almost done. Add cauliflower and coconut milk and cook for 12 mins.
- Liquidise and blend till smooth.
- Garnish with loads of coriander leaves
- Wheat free, gluten free, dairy free and sugar free