Kale is a great vegetable for the liver and for a healthy digestive tract.There are many types of kale on the market – I treat them all the same. Collard greens are in the same family and can also be cooked like this:
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin seeds
- ¼ teaspoon ground coriander seeds
- ¼ teaspoon of turmeric
- 1 clove of garlic - crushed
- 1 small bag or 150g of Kale – destalked and finely chopped
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- Sea salt and black pepper
- Place the ground seeds in a saucepan with a little water and heat gently.
- Add the crushed garlic and continue to stir for a few minutes. Turn up heat to medium/high.
- Add the kale and stir well. Cover and cook for a few minutes, stirring every half minute or so.
- Season with a little salt, pepper and lemon juice. Serve straight away.
- Wheat free, gluten free, sugar free and dairy free