I got this recipe form the lovely Gary who I do most of my demos with – its such a lovely dip. Its like a hummus and can also be used as a spread on crackers or as a topping on salads and meals.
Tuscan White Bean Dip
- 1 can cannellini beans (or your favourite bean)
- ½ cup water
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp chopped thyme
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3 cloves roasted garlic
- 1 cup julienne rocket leaves or other herb of your choice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Wrap garlic in tin foil in the oven at 180 oc for half an hour.
- Place all ingredients except rocket leaves in a blender and blend until smooth, transfer to bowl, add rocket and check for seasoning, put in to serving bowl, great with olives, baked pita bread triangles and vegetable sticks.
- Wheat free, gluten free, sugar free and dairy free